Transmondia and was able to steal some time this summer to get it done. The model is from a French specialist company called ARA productions, and its a model of a PLM (Paris-Lyon Mediterranean) prototype. Its a combination of molded plastic and laser cut for the details.
My construction method for any kit isn't particularly fancy or special. I have started to do some basic best practices as with any kit. For example, washing the plastic parts, filing edges to ensure they are square, etc... One unusual bit of preparation I had to do with the kit was to flatten out the warped one-piece plastic roof section. To do this I placed the roof section on a block of wood, covered it with a piece of aluminum foil, and then lightly pressed down on the roof under the foil with a clothes iron on low heat. I was fortunate that this measure worked to take the warp out of the roof!
As I'll be adding interior lighting, its essential to give the insides of the building a dark undercoat (I used a black primer) and then another coat of a more neutral (and appropriate) color for the interior walls. This prevents any light from seeping through the plastic.
As always, thanks for reading!
Hour 25 - Making Progress on My N Scale Trucks
12 hours ago